Wait, you don’t make frose by just freezing a bottle of rose?
~ Summer is in the air ~ And what better way to kick off our favorite season than with our favorite summer drink? Yes, that’s right – we’re talking about Frose baby. Inspired by our favorite frozen cocktail at Malibu Farm, we decided to create our own frose (frozen rose) recipe that reminds us of long drives down Pacific Coast Highway and sunny days swimming and watching the surfers at First Point. This is the perfect cocktail that will win over girls night and spark nothing but joy during your next happy hour at home. I mean, who doesn’t love mixing up a fun cocktail at home at the end of a long week?! This recipe needs to be next on your list!
If you pride yourself on staying up to date with the hottest trends, you know that organic and sustainably made wines are all the rage. Let’s face it, there is no better time than now to be socially aware by making planet conscious decisions in the kitchen while still trying the yummiest, most insta-worthy wines that will liven up any party. The wine in this recipe is none other than Winc’s The Wonderful Wine Co.’s clean, sustainable, delectable, low sugar, low carb, keto, paleo, vegan, GUILT FREE bottle of crisp, sweet, juicy rose! To be enjoyed chilled with your favorite summer hors d’oeuvres, or in this delicious frose – these sustainably farmed grapes with refreshing clean flavor are a must. As a serial party host, Winc is my go-to for the trendiest, tastiest sips and aesthetic bottles that are the center of every dinner conversation.
Before setting out on your frose adventure, there is one thing you need to know: simply freezing the rose takes all the sweetness out and will give you a drink that is bitter and flat tasting. Liven it up by adding strawberries, agave, lemon, watermelon, sugar, or even a splash of vodka! Honestly, you can’t mess it up.
Sticking with the refreshing theme – here is a homemade recipe we created for you to enjoy!
- The Wonderful Wine Co.’s 170 ml bottle of rosé wine (Shop Winc)
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 ounces strawberries
- Note: save a splash of rose for serving if you like a more slushy texture
- Pour rosé into a freezer safe bag or pan and freeze until almost solid, about 4-6 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and ½ cup water to a boil and stir until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in strawberries, remove from heat, and let sit 30 minutes to infuse strawberry flavor into syrup.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl or mason jar for storage; chill until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Pour frozen rosé into a blender. Add about 7 tablespoons strawberry syrup, and 1 cup crushed ice and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to glasses or place back in freezer for a thicker consistency, about 20 minutes
- I like to finish by serving these tasty cocktails in a martini glass. Then, garnish with a sliced strawberry and you’re good to go! Not only is this summer drink yummy and refreshing, but it looks adorbs on your insta feed as well 😉
If you love wine as much as we do, you need Winc in your life! Winc is an affordable wine club that delivers perfectly curated wines to your door! Love the sound of Winc?
Kickback users can score 40% off their first Winc order, plus $10 cashback when they shop through the Kickback app.